Sangster International Airport – Jamaica
Location: Montego Bay, Jamaica
Client: Airport Authority of Jamaica
- Architects: Hillman Consulting Inc.
- Structural Engineering: Rotbart-Nissim Structural Eng’ Ltd.
- Roof system: Palgag Building Technologies LTD
Main contractor: Ashtrom International LTD
About the project
Design and installation of 7,000 square meters new terminal roof system.
The thermos-acoustic roofing system includes:
- Metal decking consisting 6 meter free spans of perforated cassettes
- Insulation layers
- Sub-construction for covering system
- Riverclack covering system made of pre-painted aluminium
- Aluminium finishing details
PALGAG’s proposed roofing system solution was chosen for the project as it was found to be most suitable, complying with all project requirements as well as meeting strict demands such as durability under severe weather conditions including strong winds, year-round rain and hurricanes.