Operation Center & Barracks – Jutiapa, Guatemala
Location: Jutiapa, Guatemala
Client: US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
Project Design: Palgag Building Technologies LTD
As part of the Multiple Award Task Order Contract’s (MATOC) for the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) in Central America, Palgag Building Technologies LTD was awarded as the main contractor responsible to design and build the Operations Center & Barracks complex to the US Army Corps of Engineers for the Xinca Task Force in Jutiapa, Guatemala.
About the project
The overall design concept for the new Operations Center Building and a new Barracks Building is based on standard architectural layouts and standard design details provided by the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE). These standard details had to be adjusted to the specific and particular site conditions, and developed to a shop drawing level of detail.
The design for site development and utilities was develop entirely by Palgag Building Technologies LTD to conform with site specific conditions and local regulations.
The project construction success was achieved with the use of a fast tracked multidisciplinary endeavor to adjust the design to the end user needs and the utility permit local regulations and site conditions.
The 4470 sq-ft Operation Building included the following areas:
- Reception Area
- Break Room
- Men’s and Women’s Toilets
- Conference Room
- Weapons Storage
- General Storage and Electrical Room
- Communications Rooms
- Operational Workstations and Offices
The 8560 sq-ft Barracks building includes the following areas:
- Officer’s Rooms and Bathrooms
- Listed personnel barracks (to accommodate up to 150 approximately)
- Gang showers, sinks and toilets for listed personnel
- XO and CO Quarters with private bathrooms
- Exterior Laundry Sinks
The site development was built to include the following systems:
- 600 ft Deep Water Well
- Elevated water tank storage tower
- Water distribution line to supply the building on this contract and future infrastructure.
- Septic Sewer System (Leach Field)
- Storm Drainage System
- Electrical Distribution Systems including Power Transformer and Site Lighting
- New Access Road
- Parking Lot (Up to 72 vehicles)