Health Centers – Panama
Location: Ustupu and Nargana, Panama
Client: US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
Design: DM Diseño Construcción, Palgag Building Technologies LTD
Since 2013 PALGAG Building Technologies Ltd is part of the selected group of contractors of the Multiple Award Task Order Contract´s (MATOC) for the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) in two different regions:
- South America
- Central America
This design and build project is a South America MATOC task order
As the main contractor PALGAG is responsible for all the construction management including engineering support, procurement, logistics, project management, and implementation of Quality Control and Health & Safety plans, in compliance with the USACE contract requirements.
About the project
The construction of these two health centers implies logistic challenges in terms of access to each site and materials and resources available due the remote condition of the sites. Also, these projects have be developed in native territories (Kuna) which will require careful coordination during the execution of the works.
The scope of work for each Health Center includes:
- New clinic facility of 500 square meters
- Site works and site development
- Site utilities connections
- Foundation works including concrete slab on grade, reinforced CMU structural walls and metal roofs
- Interior works and finishes, to include mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Utilities: main power connection and power distribution, sanitary piping and water supply distribution.
- Fire detection and alarm system
After the completion of the Design Phase, PALGAG -in full collaboration with the native and local communities- has started the construction of these two medical facilities that will improve the conditions of the local people. Due the remotenes of these two islands (Ustupu and Nargana) these projects have required an important logistic coordination and a huge effort of material mobilization and personnel transportation on this initial phase.