Existing Schools Expansion – Panama
Location: Aguacatón and Quebrada Oscura, Panama
Client: US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
Design: DM Diseño Construcción, Palgag Building Technologies LTD
Since 2013 PALGAG Building Technologies Ltd is part of the selected group of contractors of the Multiple Award Task Order Contract´s (MATOC) for the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) in two different regions:
- South America
- Central America
This design and build project is a South America MATOC task order
As the main contractor PALGAG is responsible for all the construction management including engineering support, procurement, logistics, project management, and implementation of Quality Control and Health & Safety plans, in compliance with the USACE contract requirements.
About the project
The renovation and new construction at these two elementary schools implies logistic challenges in terms of access to each site and materials and resources available due the remote condition of the sites.
The scope of work includes:
- New classroom buildings
- Renovation of existing buildings
- Site works and site improvements to include utilities connections
- Foundation works including concrete slab on grade, reinforced CMU structural walls, clay masonry units and metal roofs
- Interior works and finishes, to include mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Utilities: main power connection and power distribution, sanitary piping and water supply distribution.
- Fire detection and alarm system
Now that the Design Phase has been successfully completed and after a careful logistic planning, PALGAG has started the construction phase of this two projects. Quebrada Oscura is demanding a huge effort of our time due the difficult access conditions, materials transportation and the actual adverse weather season.