Existing Schools Expansion – Colombia
Location: Rio Blanco and Planadas, Colombia
Client: US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
Design: DM Diseño Construcción, Palgag Building Technologies LTD
Since 2013 PALGAG Building Technologies Ltd is part of the selected group of contractors of the Multiple Award Task Order Contract´s (MATOC) for the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) in two different regions:
- South America
- Central America
This design and build project is a South America MATOC task order.
As the main contractor PALGAG is responsible for all the construction management including engineering support, procurement, logistics, project management, and implementation of Quality Control and Health & Safety plans, in compliance with the USACE contract requirements.
About the project
This Design-Build project includes the construction of five classrooms and three bathrooms buildings. The projects are executed in two remote and difficult locations at the south of the Tolima Department in Colombia. The security conditions of these locations have required a careful planning and special considerations for logistics aspects in terms of material transportation and personnel deployment.
The scope of work includes:
- New classroom and bathroom buildings, total area: ~700 m2
- Earth works and site improvements to include utilities connections
- Foundation works, concrete structure and clay masonry units wall construction
- Thermo-acoustic sandwich roof panels and steel roof structure
- Interior works and finishes, to include mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Utilities: main power connection and power distribution, sanitary piping and water supply distribution.
- Fire detection and alarm system