Emergency Operation Center – Haiti
Location: Port de Paix– Haiti
Client: US Navy Facilities South East (NAVFAC SE)
Design: Palgag Building Technologies LTD
NAVFAC SE Program
This design and build project is part of U.S. Southern Command’s Humanitarian Assistance Program in Haiti.
As the main contractor PALGAG was responsible for all the construction management including engineering support, procurement, logistics, project management, and implementation of Quality Control and Health & Safety plans, matching the client (NAVFAC) requirements.
About the project
The site was located in a challenging surrounding, with very problematic access, having almost no local sources for materials, tools and equipment, requiring a very accurate operational plan.
The total site area is about 19,000 square meters, and about 1,200 built square meters.
The scope of work includes the following:
- Site works and site development to include access roads, parking areas, site drainage, fencing and gates.
- Concrete works: all concrete for all the locations was produced on site by Palgag, and was continuously tested to match contract requirements.
- Pre- engineered metal buildings were implemented for all main buildings: Emergency Operation Center, Fire Station and Disaster relief Warehouse.
- Interior works, to include interior partitions covered with metal liners, several floor finishes, acoustic ceiling, ceiling fans, and the required equipment for kitchens, bathrooms and storage.
- MEP: HVAC, electrical and plumbing works. A fire alarm system, including control panel, was implemented in each building.
- All the required facility utilities to include water and electrical distribution, sewage system and water purification system.
All construction and finishing works on site, to include MEP and fire alarm systems, were self-performed by Palgag teams without involving any subcontractor, thanks to the development of in-country operational capabilities.