Anti-Narcotics Brigade Base (BLTS) – Haiti
Location: La Pointe, Haiti
Client: US Department Of State – Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL)
- Civil, Architectural and MEP: Michael Baker Jr., INC.
- Structural: Robert Silman Associates
Main contractor: CCE-LLC
As result of the damage caused by the earthquake that took place on January 2010 and subsequent aftershocks all around the Haitian nation, critical reconstruction activities were urgently required at different institutional facilities to reestablish the government operations and control.
The phase I-B of the Haiti Infrastructure Project includes the construction of a new BLTS base in La Pointe.
About the project
The total project site area is about 7,000 square meters, and includes about 1,000 built square meters.
The project included:
- Demolition works
- Two stories main building: reception, offices, barracks, armory, evidence room, holding cells, multi-purpose room, kitchen and dining room. The building was equipped among others, with a fire alarm and CCTV systems.
- Generator and guard building
- 255 meters of high concrete and CMU perimeter wall, fences and motorized gates
- Incinerators area
- Dog kennels
- Exterior solar lighting
- Site development
All construction and finishing works on site were self-performed by Palgag teams without involving any subcontractor, thanks to the development of in-country operational capabilities.