Humanitarian Assistance Project – Jamaica
Location: Kingston & Montego Bay, Jamaica
Client: US Navy Facilities South East (NAVFAC SE)
- Palgag Building Technologies LTD – Design Management, Architectural, Plumbing, and Mechanical
- Civil and Structural – P. Jervis & Associates
- Electrical – Collin Francis
NAVFAC SE Program
This contract was a Design and Build one, for the construction of four buildings and related works as required to provide
complete and usable facilities, which includes:
- Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and two Supply Warehouses for the Jamaican Office of Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Management (ODPEM).
- A Health Clinic for the Department of Health.
As the main contractor PALGAG was responsible for all the construction management including engineering support, procurement, logistics, project management, and implementation of Quality Control and Health & Safety plans, matching the client’s (NAVFAC) requirements.
About the project
The contract includes three different sites: two in Kingston and one nearby Montego Bay.
Each of the four buildings is a 500 square meters pre-engineered metal building.
The EOC building includes offices, conference room, press room, training room, reception, kitchen/dining and bathrooms.
The Health Clinic includes reception and lobby, offices, doctor rooms, laboratory, pharmacy, dental, bathrooms and staff room.
Each warehouse includes a big storage space, an office, a secured storage area, bathroom, roll up doors and a loading ramp.
In addition to the buildings the scope of work included site works and site development, fencing and gates, utilities main connection and distribution lines.